Friday, March 23, 2012

Painting: Serenity and Chaos


Painting:  Serenity and Chaos

I think the idea that a simple symbol can represent a complex notion, or even a story, makes images an essential means of communicating ideas.  Of course, the style and ability of the artist combine with the image to strengthen the intended message.

I love to fill my paintings with color.  Color gives me, as the artist, and you, as the viewer,  yet another level of experience – another language.  The enormous scope of possibilities of techniques, styles, color, medium, open up endless choices in how to depict an image.  Not only are the techniques of working with color very different from one medium to another, but also the process of thought in producing the work suddenly alters.  The challenges are many, but there's something incredibly satisfying, not to say almost magical, about being able to express an idea with a few swift strokes.  

2 comments:

  1. I think you are so talented. If you ever want a moment of serenity, I would gladly receive one of your lovely paintings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and I may take you up on the serenity offer!

      Delete